New Vintage Collection with distinctive French oak planks and rustic character joins Sawyer Mason range
Rye, NH, April 30, 2019 — Sawyer Mason, a leader of stable, wide plank flooring, is displaying its newest collections of natural looking structured plank flooring options at the NWFA Wood Flooring Expo from May 1 to 3 at the Fort Worth Convention Center.
“Our participation at the NWFA Wood Flooring Expo underscores our dedication to helping industry professionals offer a unique wide plank wood floor product that does not compromise on stability,” said Ann Fox, Sawyer Mason’s Product Manager. “With longer lengths and wider widths to create a truly custom finish, the Sawyer Mason collection offers the most natural looking structured plank flooring options with handcrafted finishing and unparalleled colors and textures.”
Sawyer Mason’s six lines will be highlighted during the expo with the Vintage and Atlantic lines taking center stage. Key features of the Vintage and Atlantic Collections include:
- Showcases distinctive French oak planks with the rustic character of filled knots and cracks and a gently wire-brushed texture.
- Extra wide and long-length planks antiqued by artisans to elicit a feeling of authenticity and age reminiscent of century-old European farmhouses.
- Specs: 9.5” Wide x 8” long, Bona Naturale Finish, 9/16” Thick with 3.2 mm Wear layer
- Rift and Quarter Sawn Tasmanian Oak offers a clean, distinctive grain pattern and richness of color for an elegant, contemporary look.
- Quarter sawn wood process results in a more stable board with distinctive grain lines for a unique look.
- Each quarter-sawn board is individually hand colored to achieve a gorgeous melding of hues, from deep grays and walnut browns to gray-browns and warm sand tones.
- Specs: 6.5” wide by 7” long, Hard UV Oil Matte Finish, 13/16” Thick with 6 mm Wear Layer
In addition, Sawyer Mason will showcase the unique construction of the “perpendicular” structured hardwood core of its wide plank flooring, which offers the most stable floor out there that can accommodate widths up to 16″ wide.
The range of color and tones — from the lightest blond oak plank to a multi-colored gray to the deepest espresso and everything in between will be on display, too. Rather then simply painting a pigment onto wood like traditional stain, Sawyer Mason’s reactive coloring technique reacts with the natural tannins and sugars in each plank of wood to create a depth of color.
Ease of maintenance and honoring sustainability are also key attributes. Easily buff out scratches anywhere on the oiled floors without refinishing. Furthermore, 75% of the plank flooring is composed of sustainable materials. The “perpendicular” structured hardwood core construction is made up of Pará Wood, a renewable hardwood.
To learn more, visit Sawyer Mason at Booth #1638 or www.SawyerMason.com.
About Sawyer Mason
Established in 2016, the Sawyer Mason collection of wide plank flooring offers the most natural looking structured plank flooring options along with longer lengths and wider widths to create a truly custom look. Authentic real wood, sustainable materials, maximum stability and reactive color processes embody the Sawyer Mason difference. Discover how the beauty of wide plank combines with the latest trends in design by visiting www.SawyerMason.com and connecting on Instagram @sawyermasonco.