Your Safety Is Important To Us
Updated on May 13, 2021
The National Wood Flooring Association, Orange County Convention Center (OCCC), and our vendor partners are closely monitoring policy changes from the CDC and governments - local, state, and federal.
Our priority is to create a safe environment for our Expo attendees and exhibitors.
Please read the following information carefully before attending the 2021 NWFA Expo. As the COVID situation continues to evolve, guidelines and procedures will be updated accordingly.
Important Information for Expo Attendees
Key Safety Information
- Face masks will be required
- Social distancing will be encouraged
- Hand sanitizer stations, touchless whenever possible, will be placed throughout the South Concourse
Important Expo Registration Information
- Attendees will be required to pick-up their own badge/material
- Attendees will be required to sign a health and safety waiver onsite during registration
- The NWFA will utilize touchless kiosks for badge pick-up
First Aid and Medical Response Information
- An on-site First Aid Station will be provided
- Attendees and exhibitors will be asked not to attend if they feel unwell
- Event staff will follow local health authority guidance on detecting and managing anyone who displays symptoms of COVID-19
- Social distancing will be encouraged through signage and floor decals
- Physical distancing guidelines will be considered when arranging the physical layout of all tables, seating areas, and other components of the Expo
Food and Beverage
- NWFA will work with venue partners to employ the highest standard of food safety
- Social distancing will be maintained for any events or food distribution areas through floor markings and relevant signage
Orange County Convention Center Information
GBAC STAR™ Accreditation
The Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) has received its Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation on outbreak prevention, response, and recovery. Recognized as the gold standard of safe venues, the OCCC is one of the largest venues in the nation to receive the GBAC STAR™ accreditation.
Read More About GBAC STAR™ Here
The OCCC's Sanitation and Cleaning Protocols
The OCCC uses cleaning products approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne pathogens. The OCCC also follows cleaning protocols that meet EPA guidelines.
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has increased in all public spaces, including increased cleanings of frequent contact surfaces such as doors and elevator buttons.
Personal Protective Equipment
All OCCC employees will wear appropriate masks and gloves based on their role and responsibilities and adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
Orange County Convention Center (OCCC)
CDC Mass Gatherings Guidelines
WHO Mass Gatherings