Your Safety Is Important To Us
Updated on June 30, 2021
The National Wood Flooring Association, Orange County Convention Center (OCCC), and our vendor partners are closely monitoring policy changes from the CDC and governments - local, state, and federal.
Our priority is to create a safe environment for our Expo attendees and exhibitors.
Please read the following information carefully before attending the 2021 NWFA Expo. As the COVID situation continues to evolve, guidelines and procedures will be updated accordingly.
NWFA encourages full compliance by all attendees with the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 guidelines.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you can participate in the 2021 NWFA Expo without wearing a mask or social distancing.
- Fully vaccinated means that it has been more than two weeks since you received the final recommended dose of vaccine.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you are expected, when participating in any 2021 NWFA Expo related activities, to:
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth.
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from others who do not live with you.
If you are not fully vaccinated, you should not participate in the 2021 NWFA Expo if within the last 48 hours you have had any COVID-19 related symptoms including shortness of breath, sore throat, fever, unexplained loss of taste/smell, nausea or vomiting.
Your compliance with the CDC guidelines will help protect yourself and others.
Important Information for Expo Attendees
Key Safety Information
- Social distancing will be encouraged
- Hand sanitizer stations, touchless whenever possible, will be placed throughout the South Concourse
Important Expo Registration Information
- Attendees will be required to pick-up their own badge/material
- The NWFA will utilize touchless kiosks for badge pick-up
First Aid and Medical Response Information
- An on-site First Aid Station will be provided
- Event staff will follow local health authority guidance on detecting and managing anyone who displays symptoms of COVID-19
- Social distancing will be encouraged through signage
- Physical distancing guidelines will be considered when arranging the physical layout of all tables, seating areas, and other components of the Expo
Food and Beverage
- NWFA will work with venue partners to employ the highest standard of food safety
Orange County Convention Center Information
GBAC STAR™ Accreditation
The Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) has received its Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation on outbreak prevention, response, and recovery. Recognized as the gold standard of safe venues, the OCCC is one of the largest venues in the nation to receive the GBAC STAR™ accreditation.
Read More About GBAC STAR™ Here
The OCCC's Sanitation and Cleaning Protocols
The OCCC uses cleaning products approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne pathogens. The OCCC also follows cleaning protocols that meet EPA guidelines.
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has increased in all public spaces, including increased cleanings of frequent contact surfaces such as doors and elevator buttons.
Orange County Convention Center (OCCC)
CDC Mass Gatherings Guidelines
WHO Mass Gatherings